Monday, January 5, 2009

T-Rex: A Prehistoric Family Adventure


The folks over at Disney World asked me to pass this along. It sounds like a pretty neat restaurant (although I am not sure why there is a T. rex in the ice age [plug for the newest Ice Age movie maybe, but its not a Disney movie I do not think], but hey, its a restaurant).

[there should be a video here, but I can't get it to download, so please click here to see it]

This restaurant is located in the Downtown Disney area of Disney World (the shopping, dining and entertainment district). "T-Rex: A Prehistoric Family Adventure" seats 600 and features both animatronic dinosaurs and a real 4500-gallon saltwater aquarium! They have all sorts of Paleo-themed menu items, a gift shop (or course) and a place outside where the kiddos can "dig" for "bones."

So the next time you are in Florida, you may want to swing by and check this place out!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great place for Dino lovers about 6 or 7 years old!!

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged with a meme.

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

Who tagged me?

Jim L. said...

Oh I have been waiting for this to open for years

MDR said...

This was created by a guy here in the Twin Cities. He also created the Rainforest Cafe at the Mall of America. I'm not a big fan of theme restaurants. They're usually too noisy for my taste.

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

I figured it was like Hard Rock Cafe for kids.

Gombessa said...

There's also a T.Rex Cafe in Kansas City, which I've been to. The food's expensive, but it's great fun for any paleontologist or a 5-year-old.