Saturday, May 3, 2008

A music meme for the weekend...

Yet another meme, courtesy of sciencewoman & Chuck. Back to my editing/writing now....

The rules:
Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song. (Please remember that John has some of his music on here as well, I'll blame all the bad stuff on him ;) Pete, if you read this you should be able to figure out which ones.)
Step 3: Post and let your magnificent readers guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike through when someone gets them right (I am bolding the ones guessed correctly)
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING.

*I have also altered the methodology by excluding songs where the first line is the name of the song. I am amazed at how many songs have their title in the first line, I never noticed before!

  1. What would you do if I sang out of tune?
  2. Now if your feeling kinda low bout the dues you've been paying...
  3. Rollin rollin rollin
  4. I go to bed but sleep won't come
  5. The five o'clock Friday blows...
  6. I don't like you
  7. Everywhere I hear the sounds of marching, charging feet
  8. Don't wish it away.
  9. Billy pulled in in a Jaguar...
  10. Jah Rastafari**
  11. Then as it was, then again it will be...
  12. There are certain people you just keep coming back too...
  13. I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
  14. Born down in a dead man's town
  15. I want a love that's right but right is only half of what's wrong.
  16. Once there was a way to get back homeward.
  17. You've been told, so maybe it's time that you learned.
  18. Giant steps are what you take
  19. Last night I said these words to my girl
  20. I think I'm going to be sad
  21. Sleep lay behind me like a broken ocean
  22. I never knew, I never knew that everything was falling through
  23. Beneath the moonlit sky
  24. Days drift by...
  25. Should I fall out of love, my fire in the light
My iTunes was not being so creative with its shuffle tonight :(
**I think some of these songs could start the same way sometimes.....

7 comments:

C W Magee said...

1. Beatles- With a little help from my friends
19. Beatles- Please please me
16. Beatles- golden slumbers
14. A john mellencamp song whose name I've forgotten?
18. Police- walking on the moon

Anonymous said...

LOL! I'll have to do that when I get back to my work computer.

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

All but 14 right Chuck. Way to go!
See you on Monday Pete. ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay, here's my list:
1. As he came into the window
2. Jah prophet has arrived
3. Sometimes they confuse our minds
4. Got to check out the radio
5. Throw your fists in the air
6. Hand me a line
7. What would you do if a vicious enemy
8. Went over to the river to take a rest
9. Hear that lonesome whippoorwill
10. Could be on a rainy morning
11. Turn off the light I’m goin’ home
12. It was the fearful night of December 8th
13. I went balling the other night
14. Many people will fight you down
15. I don’t remember his name but the bass player was the only one to escape from the coconut grove
16. Waiting on a Sunday afternoon
17. And it feels right this time
18. The morning is dead and the day is too
19. In constant sorrow all thru his days
20. Meow meow meow meow meow meow
21. Once I was young, yesterday perhaps
22. Fallen, broken, simply dissolved
23. When I look into your eyes I can see a love restrained
24. Forget your court date
25. Well I’m tryin, yes I’m tryin’

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

LOL, Your suppost to guess my songs :) I will require assistance from John to get yours it appears. You boys and your crazy rasta music ;)
I am at a loss :P

Silver Fox said...

#3 Sounds like the Rawhide theme song!

#14 Born in the USA, Bruce Springsteen

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

Right on both!!