Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song. (Please remember that John has some of his music on here as well, I'll blame all the bad stuff on him ;) Pete, if you read this you should be able to figure out which ones.)
Step 3: Post and let your magnificent readers guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike through when someone gets them right (I am bolding the ones guessed correctly)
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING.
*I have also altered the methodology by excluding songs where the first line is the name of the song. I am amazed at how many songs have their title in the first line, I never noticed before!
- What would you do if I sang out of tune?
- Now if your feeling kinda low bout the dues you've been paying...
- Rollin rollin rollin
- I go to bed but sleep won't come
- The five o'clock Friday blows...
- I don't like you
- Everywhere I hear the sounds of marching, charging feet
- Don't wish it away.
- Billy pulled in in a Jaguar...
- Jah Rastafari**
- Then as it was, then again it will be...
- There are certain people you just keep coming back too...
- I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
- Born down in a dead man's town
- I want a love that's right but right is only half of what's wrong.
- Once there was a way to get back homeward.
- You've been told, so maybe it's time that you learned.
- Giant steps are what you take
- Last night I said these words to my girl
- I think I'm going to be sad
- Sleep lay behind me like a broken ocean
- I never knew, I never knew that everything was falling through
- Beneath the moonlit sky
- Days drift by...
- Should I fall out of love, my fire in the light
**I think some of these songs could start the same way sometimes.....