Thursday, May 15, 2008

Another move: half way there

In case you didn't know already, I am moving (yes, again - #26? Its starting to get fuzzy). Today I was very luck to have several of our geology students from Augustana, plus Allison and Patrick, come over for various amounts of time to help with the loading up. Since, between John and I, we will have alot of things when I get to Colorado, we decided to have a huge garage sale and try to get rid of a bunch of stuff. So I loaded as much of that up as I could as well. U-haul is WAY to expensive of an option right now ($1200 before gas!), so I went with a ReloCube from ABF u-pack that was 8X6X7 (this alternative was $700, they drive and pay for the gas, and it can be stored for a month).

When we first pulled up I was like "no way is all of this stuff going to fit in there." But after 2 hours of the worlds largest tetris game made of boxes we were some how able to get it all in there. Thank goodness for the students who stuck around to help with that part! I would not have been able to do any of this today without their help for sure! Everything but 3 dinning room chairs, an old desk and my bed fit, which is fine, since the latter two were in the garage sale pile anyway. And they found a new home with one of the students anyway, so I didn't have to figure out how to get rid of them, which is an added bonus. The chairs are going to be crammed into the Blazer with the rest of the more important things I own. I will be Colorado bound June 12 after work is over that day. The badlands trip is also quickly approaching, so I will be in northwestern Nebraska doing field work the week and half prior to that. Things are moving quickly and I am sure these next 85 days are going to whiz past!!

No comments: