There are several jobs/internships opening up right now (some of them paleo related), so I will be posting them over the next few days!
To start off with, the 2009 GeoCorps America Positions have been listed today. You can check out the full list here. I did one of these back in 2005 at Glacier National Park (which was FANTASTIC!) and I really recommend them! I know a certain few of you out there who should particularly look into these ;)
Here is a list of the Paleo positions:
- Paleontologist, BLM Royal Gorge Field Office Canon City, CO
- Paleontologist, BLM Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Area & Wilderness Montrose, CO
- Paleontologist, Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument Florissant, CO
- Paleontologist / Education Specialist, BLM Price Field Office Price, UT
- Paleontology Technician, BLM Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument Kanab, UT
- Geosciences Research Assistant / Paleontologist, Center for Urban Ecology, National Capital Region, National Park Service Washington, DC
- Field Paleontologist, Bryce Canyon National Park Bryce, UT
- Field Paleontologist, Badlands National Park Interior, SD
- Field Paleontologist, Guadalupe Mountains National Park Pine Springs, TX
- Field Paleontologist (2 positions), Dinosaur National Monument Jensen, UT
- Field Geologist / Paleo Technician (2 Positions), Denali National Park Denali Park, AK
So what is GeoCorps anyway? "GeoCorps America is a program of the Geological Society of America, in partnership with the U.S. Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management, and the National Park Service. The program offers paid short-term geoscience positions...Discreet project areas include geology, hydrology, paleontology, mapping and GIS, minerals, soils, glaciology, geo-hazards, karst, and education....Geoscience professionals, retirees, and college students are eligible and encouraged to apply." [link]
The application deadline is February 2, 2009!!