Monday, November 10, 2008

Wild Animals in the Field meme

The other day Brian from Clastic Detritus started this domesticated animals in the field meme, with Silver Fox, Geotripper, Bryan, and Life-long Scholar following. So I thought it would be fun to see what kinds of wild animals folks run into when in the field - so consider this a Wild Animals in the Field meme. Feel free to include any funny/interesting stories!

From Glacier National Park: I never get good shots of bears. I have seen so many, but I never have my camera in hand when I see them usually. Maybe that is why I am still around ;) Bears are so awesome!




This marmot is sitting on a stromatolite. That was pretty cool!

Piceance Basin:

Nebraska Badlands:

Yes, this rabbit is in a tepee. Smart rabbit!

There are many more where those came from, but I figured that was probably good for now. What have you all seen??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son is doing a blog on the wild critters we see in the field as one of his homeschool projects:

http://web.me.com/dooleyclan/Site_4/Tims_Nature_Blog/Tims_Nature_Blog.html

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

Hi Alton, that is really cool! He has seen some neat things so far :)