Thursday, March 27, 2008

What do you listen to while writing?

Brian over at 'Clastic Detritus' posses the question "What do you listen to while writing?" Great topic!! Check it out....

As I told him, I (unfortunately) can not have classical music (Mozart, Beethoven, ect…) on while I write, but my normal musical flair is also out because of the noise level. I tend to opt for movie soundtracks. The Fountain is a great one. My favorite motivational music is the Rudy soundtrack (goofy, I know). Others on high rotation on my playlist are the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Star Wars trilogy, Indiana Jones, Lawrence of Arabia, Braveheart, A River Runs Through It, Legends of the Fall, ect….things like that, and I tend to only use the music from calmer movie moments, no war-like music, just to keep the stress level down (its amazing how music can change your blood pressure and speed of typing).

1 comment:

Andy said...

If I'm actually writing, I can't deal with music at all - it's too distracting for me! If I'm doing graphics work, or mindless data processing (wow, was there a lot of that in my dissertation), I can listen to about anything. Spinal Tap is an old favorite, but otherwise it's a mix of most anything from the 60's through 80's (with a few slightly older and news things thrown in for good measure).